Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nie-Nie and Anniversary


So I haven't posted anything for a while and I know my one reader will be happy to see a new post!
You might notice my new little gadget off to the side of my blog that says "I read Nie Nie". Well that is because my mom, the blog hopper, got me interested in a blog by Stephanie Neilsen. An amazing woman who survived a horrible plane crash inspite of 80% of her body being burned. Anywho, she and her darling husband were on Oprah today and as I sobbed through the interview I realized she has touched my life. Besides the wonderful person she seems to be, she couragously deals with a painful, challenging life now, yet she has so much strength. And in spite of the burns on her face you can just see how beautiful she is! I just feel this admiration for her and as though I need to find my strength and live the best life I can! I also cant help but think of the people I know and love who struggle everyday just to get out of bed sometimes, and I want them to know that they give me strength too! I don't know of the pain they feel, but I do sympathize with them and they are in my prayers always!

I always have to post pictures, they are of me and my wonderful husband, at dinner for our 1 year anniversary!

5 comments:

valpal said...

That is a beautiful picture of you and Dave. I want a copy. I love you so much and your blog make me cry. You are inspirational to a lot of people also. I do love Nie Nie and her sister C Jane. It is always uplifting to read about people who stay positive even in horrible situations. I also love to read about the times that it is hard to be possitive and how a person strugles to get there. Love you Boo one.

valpal said...

I am so glad to see another post. I love Nie Nie also and she inspires me everyday along with her sister C Jane. Nie stays positive most of the time but I think I love her the most when she struggles with staying positive because that is the time when I am uplifted the most because of her strength. I love her whole family. I love my family so mush also. Bethany, you are an inspiration to alot of people because of what you have overcome. I love you Boo one.

Nicholas and Brittani said...

Congrats on the 1 year anniversary! Gorgeoud picture of course! I also read Nie-Nie. I started reading it randomly right before her crash, then her sister started blogging daily on news about the couple on her blog cjanerun. This is such a sad yet inspiring story, and I also bawled through the entire Oprah show. They are such a neat family.

Leslie said...

Congrats on making it through the first year! Ha ha! That is such a gorgeous picture of you (well...Dave looks good to, but you look amazing!)

mizkylie said...

I love reading Nie Nie as well! You should write about your new store! :)